This is a growing problem.
Building muscle is the solution.
Nearly half of people in their forties show as many symptoms of frailty as those in their seventies
- including poor balance, weak legs and pelvic floor problems
• Australian study found signs of frailty in 45 per cent of people in their forties
• This 'pre-frailty' was about the same as people between the ages of 70 to 75
• The authors recommend exercise, decent diet and sleep and mental health care
• This can help prevent frailty signs from leading to full blown frailty in later life