Policies of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia provide for the admission and registration of Georgia residents 62 years of age or older. Individuals in this category are eligible to register for undergraduate classes on a space available basis without payment of tuition and mandatory fees, except for supplies or laboratory/class fees. You must, however, meet all UGA admission requirements including payment of admission application fees, be an official resident of Georgia, and document your age at the time you register for classes.
Pursuant to the provisions of the Georgia Constitution, the University System of Georgia (USG) established the following rules with respect to enrollment of persons 62 years of age or older in USG programs. To be eligible for enrollment under this provision such persons:
1. Must be residents of Georgia, 62 years of age or older at the time of registration, and shall present a birth certificate or other comparable written documentation of age to enable the institution to determine eligibility.
2. May enroll as a regular or auditing student in courses offered for resident credit on a "space available" basis without payment of fees, except for supplies, laboratory or shop fees.
3. Shall meet all USG and institution undergraduate or graduate admission requirements. Reasonable prerequisites may be required in certain courses.
4. Shall have all usual student and institutional records maintained.
5. Must meet all USG, institution, and legislated degree requirements if they are degree-seeking studen