My plan for electronic currency includes a free cell phone for all citizens. A white on black screen that can text or email or browse but no actual voice or speaker. E-ink, text only, no backlight. Ad supported. Also everybody gets a free web site, social networking site, and email in addition to a telephone number. Must be small with a good battery and a wind up power source with geolocation. Connects with cell towers and short wave packet radio(input only). All bank statements come to this phone. Communication is encrypted. If they lose or break their phone they have to buy a new one. But by design this will be a very cheap, reliable and long lasting cell phone.
Customers have to come down to the bank in person to get their phone. Banks are in post offices and officers are armed. Customers are fingerprinted, photographed, retinas scanned, birth certificates checked,... There will be much fewer bankers than today but they would be highly qualified ex-military with big guns, horses, and maintain the flow of money and supervise the militia. Post offices become armories.
I allow for free guns for militiamen: a 30-06, shotgun, and 22, as well as flashlights, geiger counters, rain water collection devices. etc. They must pass exams to get into a militia -- shooting, IQ, physical abilities, survival abilities... Goal to get the top 10% of the population into militias (no pay). Reduce the number of active duty military and reserves. But have a large militia in case SHTF in which case the militia would maintain order and provide food and water to the sheeple.
[youtube http://youtube.com/w/?v=tpAOwJvTOio] shows the end result of one miraculous government program that gives away free cell phones; it keeps the Democrat voters both fired up and totally oblivious to the world around them.
But what makes this program even more miraculous is that while the monthly charges go directly to the taxpayer, an illusion is created that the phones are given to the entitled voters personally by the Oprah-like President Obama: "You get a phone! And you get a phone!"
But wait, there's more! Our researchers have compiled the following list of features that distinguish the free ObamaPhone from a regular cell phone:
- It automatically rejects calls from people with a different opinion.
- Every time you take a picture, it produces a grimmer image of America.
- It doesn't have a plan; it just keeps telling you how bad the other guy's plan is.
- When it crashes, it blames your previous phone.
- All 3 AM calls go directly to voicemail.
- It has a really useless app called "Biden."
- Pairing it with another device sucks all the energy out of the other unit.
- Type in "job search" and it gives you directions to the welfare office.
- The navigation feature covers all 57 States.
- The default ringtone for international calls is "I'm sorry, so sorry, please accept my apology."
- The healthcare app downloads and installs itself without your permission.
- When you make a call, a teleprompter pops up to help you speak.
- Restaurant reviews are all written by Michelle Obama.
- There are never any winners on Angry Birds.
- Instagram takes two months to process a photo and you have to fill out 3 PDFs to do so.
- Paypal app is replaced with ReceivePal app.
- You can't find "Jerusalem" on Google maps.
- It turns all your Facebook friends into enemies and all your enemies into friends.
- Don't want to work? There's an app for that, too.
- It automatically bows down to phones made by foreign companies.
- When you watch a YouTube video, a US ambassador gets killed.
- When you dial "home", it calls Kenya.
- As opposed to the iPhone, it's called the mePhone.